Clients I meet already understand the benefits of outsourcing to free up time. Either to spend more time with family members or to grow their business. But if you haven’t yet understood the benefits, then my advice is to write a list of the tasks you feel someone else could do for you.
Chris Ducker, a virtual CEO and publisher of ChrisDucker.com, recommends every entrepreneur to create “3 Lists to Freedom” for immense entrepreneurial success. These three things help you delegate your time more effectively and boost productivity.
Here are the three things you should write down:
- Things you hate doing.
- Things you can’t do yourself.
- Things you shouldn’t be doing.
The first item is very simple: write down what you dislike doing in your business on a day-to-day basis. This could be anything from administration to website updates.
The second thing are daily elements of the company you don’t have any experience in, which could consist of social media marketing to event management.
Finally, according to Ducker, the third placement will fundamentally change your business and is a “game changer.” So, ask yourself honestly: what shouldn’t I be doing? Remember, you’re not a superhero.
If you are struggling to write this list, then below are the jobs a VA can do. This will help you consider all jobs and the potential to relief more everyday tasks you didn’t think of.
• Put together your social media plan for the coming year
• Find and connect with your ideal audience or influencers
• Run a contest or event
• Write posts & create shareable images
• Schedule posts for upcoming launches (before during and after)
• Create recurring automated posts for all your past blog posts
• Create recurring posts for your option and freebies
• Create Twitter lists of people you’d like to start connecting with and retweet their stuff
• Ensure your recent blog posts are being posted multiple times after they are published.
• Upload, format and schedule weekly blog posts
• Format and publish new pages
• Put together resource pages
• Check for typos
• Do backups and updates
ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES / SUPPORT
• Email managing/labelling/cleansing
• Booking appointments with clients
• Following up with clients and customers
• Calendar management
• File management with the help of Dropbox
• Answering support tickets
• Producing graphs from your spreadsheets
• Transcribe audio/voice
• CRM Updates
• Research Reports (searching new business opportunities/product and services research)
• Data Entry
• Travel booking
• Restaurant reservations
• Online shopping/errands
• Speaking engagements
• PowerPoint Presentations
• Prepare meeting minutes
• Prepare training
• Project management
• Proof reading documents
• Documentation update
• Creating Reports
• Creating spreadsheets
• Create marketing plan
• Creation of business templates
• Create feedback forms, inductions packs etc
• Create training manuals
• Writing office process and procedures
• Production of your brand guidelines
• Venue comparison reporting
• Assist with booking suppliers
• Host entire events conferences, seminars, workshops etc with pre/post report
• Social media assistance for promoting event
• Eventbrite invites and bookings
• Holiday Travels / Itineraries
• Properties / Facilities
• Private functions
• Setting up spreadsheets
• Logging receipts and expenses
• Sending invoice reminders and chasing late payments
• Sending client invoices
If you have completed your 3 lists to Freedom you can now stop working IN your business but start working ON it……